The BRIGANCE CIBS II meets the needs of today's special education teachers and administrators.
- Meets IDEA/NCLB requirements
- Measures academic achievement
- Monitors student strengths and needs to set educational goals and support IEP writing
- 2010 standardized assessments comply with IDEA mandates
The criterion-referenced CIBS II includes both a Reading/ELA Inventory and a Mathematics Inventory. The CIBS II Reading/English Language Arts (ELA) Inventory includes reading and writing assessments that correlate to commonly tested reading and ELA skills and strategies that reflect state and national standards.
Reading/ELA skills assessed:
- Listening vocabulary and comprehension
- Word recognition
- Oral reading
- Reading vocabulary and comprehension
- Word analysis
- Functional word recognition
- Response to writing prompts
The CIBS II Mathematics Inventory is based on NCTM focal points, which align to state standards.
Math skills assessed:
- Number and operations
- Data analysis and probability
The nearly 400 criterion-referenced assessments in the CIBS II make it easy to identify present level of performance for students and provide ongoing assessment for academic skills at PreK to grade 9 levels.
The CIBS II Classroom Kit includes:
- CIBS II Reading/ELA Inventory and Math Inventory
- 20 Record Books
- Durable canvas tote
The BRIGANCE CIBS II Standardized features reading, writing, and math standardized assessments in one convenient inventory.
- Complies with IDEA mandates (Levels PreK–6; standardized for ages 5–12)
- Provides documentation to support referrals
- Produces grade equivalents, percentiles, and quotients
- Monitors growth and reports progress
The 2010 CIBS II Standardization and Validation is representative of the U.S. population. The norm-referenced assessments in the CIBS II Standardized have high internal consistency, with an average reliability of .99 for Reading and .95 for Math.
The CIBS II Standardized Kit includes:
- CIBS II Standardized Assessments in a single convenient volume
- Standardization and Validation Manual
- 20 Standardized Record Books
- Durable canvas tote
FREE Online Utility:
Online Management System
The Online Management System works seamlessly with the CIBS II. It's simple to input and access data from any computer.
- Manage all of your assessment data
- Support writing of IEPs and target instruction with customizable/downloadable goals and objectives
- Track individual student and group progress
- Generate teacher and administrator reports, as well as communications for families
- Produce standardized scores (when used with the CIBS II Standardized)
- Meet IDEA reporting requirements
The user-friendly BRIGANCE Online Management System includes:
- Yearly license
- 24/7 password-protected access
- 24/7 Online Training
Previous edition CIBS–R